Practical problem management
Duration: 2 days
Time: 9.00 – 16.00
Exam: 1.950,- DKK excl. VAT per participant (optional)
This course will teach you practical tools to identify and solve problems. The method taught works on all types of problems, and on this specific course we will deep-dive into IT related problems and how to solve them faster and more effectively.
Program day 1
09.00 Fundamental knowledge about problem management
- The foundations of problems
- What is a problem?
- Problem management vs Incident management
- PTPM: The method explained
- The PCSR model and how systematic problem management can improve resolution time and root cause analysis
- Pitfalls and challenges in problem management
11.00 Problem identification
- How to identify problems
- The formula for describing a problem the best way
12.45 Analyzing potential problem causes
- Questioning technique
- 5W2H and SCUF models
- Gathering and structuring information
- Separating facts and fiction/assumptions
- Find and confirm root cause
16.00 Thank you
Program day 2
09.00 Recap from yesterday
09.30 Analyzing potential problem causes – continued
10.30 Selecting the best solution
- Questioning technique revisited
- Identifying potential solutions
- Identifying pros and cons for each solution
- Prioritize and select the best solution(s)
12.45 Risk management
- Identify risks and pitfalls of implementing the chosen solution
- Create risk heatmap
- Reduce or eliminata riscs
- Plan the implementation
14.00 Problem management in your own company
- Where to start
- Pitfalls and how to avoid them
- Next step
15.00 Exam (option)
16.00 Wrap up and thank you
The course is taught as a combination of theory and practical exercises with built-in cases
Material and exam if offered in Danish and English. For the Danish version, please follow this link >>
You can end the course with and exam on the last day of the course around 3PM. The exam is an open book, 60-minutes, 40-question multiple choice test with a pass mark of 65% (26 correct). Passing the exam will grant you the certificate of PTPM Problem Manager.
Peopleteam offers a special exam guarantee on this course covering an unlimited number of exam retries up to one month after the course.
|Johnny har over 25 års praktisk erfaring med IT Service Management. Johnny er ITIL 4 Master, ITIL V3 Expert, V2 Manager med udmærkelse, akkrediteret ITIL instruktør og er en særdeles erfaren underviser, ligesom han har stort erfaring med Service desk, personaleledelse og den gode kommunikation med brugere og kunder. Johnny formår på en særlig måde at gøre stoffet praktisk anvendeligt og nærværende.
We apologized for this description in Danish. Please contact us for information about Johnny in English >>
We use e-material designed specifically for this course:
- The material can be used on you laptop, phone and tablet – also offline
- The material is environmetally friendly because you don’t need to print hundreds of pages.
Please bring you own laptop for course and exam.